Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2

Two long days on "Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2", yipee!!!!!! What can I tell you guys about the show? Nothing!!! I am not suppose to say anything, because I am a professional! I mean, if somebody offers me a million dollars, I might consider indirectly leaking out a few details, but I am still waiting for that day.

Mainly, I read for the whole two days!! I finished "Bloodsucking Fiends" by Christopher Moore on the first day, and I finished the second half of "The Ice limit" by Preston & Child on the second day.




"Bloodsucking Fiends" is a humorous vampire love story that I have to read for my book club this month, and over all, it was a pretty good read. My first time reading "Christopher Moore" and what stands out for me, was his humor. Although, I prefer to read Fantasy and SF, I have to say the book was very entertaining. I never liked the whole Vampire theme that is so popular nowadays, because that sucking and daylight thing is kind of boring and old to me. Mr. Moore's take on vampire is different, so I gave the book a chance, and it turned out to be some what enjoyable. One thing I do not like about Mr. Moore is his way of writing off topic just to get something he thinks is funny on paper. He is on topic, and suddenly he is talking about a game show on TV. The bit was funny, but what the hell does it got to do with the story? Will I read Mr. Moore again? Maybe not! I did liked the book, so I am giving "Bloodsucking Fiends" a 7 BAG out of 10!!!





"The Ice Limit" is about some people going after a meteorite and bad things starts to happen. Here are some reviews of the book; "An ultra action-packed adventure that will thrill with its nonstop action." Midwest Book Review, "When it comes to nail-biting, two-in-the-morning, page-turning thrillers, nobody delivers the goods like these guys." Nelson DeMille. Nonstop action my ass!! Please tell me where the nail-biting parts are? Nothing happens for the first 250 pages, and the book is only 491 pages!!! Page-turning thriller? I guess you have to turn the pages very fast to get to the exciting parts. I am all about content baby, nothing but content, so don't give me stuffing that bulk up the page count, I need content!! The book did pick up the pace for the 2nd half, but it is not the fighting, chasing, killing kind of pace that I like, It is the things are happening and we have to end the book pace. There were some suspense at the end, but what happened to the first 250 pages? I hate books or movies that build up a story to a climax and then end it with an open-ended question. Will I read Preston & Child again? Maybe! The book was o.k., so I am giving "The Ice Limit" a 6 BAG out of 10!!!

   
There were 400 extras on the first day, and that is what we call a "Cattle Call" in the film business world. Then on the second day, the number of extras were reduced to 150, because they were only filming close ups. As a professional background performer, it is my job to hide in a big scene like this, because if I am seen or what the film industry call "Featured", they won't use me again. Can you imagine seeing me in five different scenes in the same movie? Ha! Ha! So, that is what I did for two days, hiding!! I was sitting in the back or to the side, hiding my face and my balding head as much as possible.

I was expecting a BAG lunch, but they actually feed everybody a hot meal!! The crafty table was pretty good too, so a thumbs up for the food on "Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2"!!!!!

I do not talk much, so it is easy for me to keep my mouth shut on set. For some people, that is another story!! When there are 400 people, even whispering is very loud, so we were told continually to keep quiet. Some people just could not shut up!! On one hand, there are the loud obnoxious young kids that thinks whatever they say are funny, and on the other hand, older people that thinks "shut up" doesn't apply to them. Oh well, it is not my job to keep the cattle quiet, so I better get back to my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment